Boiler repair and replacement
We are Worcester Bosch accredited installers and include a eight year manufacturers guarantee on all our Worcester Bosch boiler installations. We don’t work exclusively with Worcester Bosch though and offer servicing, repair and installation of all boiler makes including Valliant, Baxi, Glow-worm, Ideal and Potterton. We also undertake yearly servicing which is important, not only to catch possible problems before they cause a boiler breakdown, but are also a vital part of your manufacturers guarantee.
Some signs that your boiler needs repair or replacement
Of course, there are obvious signs that your boiler needs repair or replacing – like getting no heat at all from it. But there are also less obvious signs that may alert you to a problem before you’re left with no heat or hot water.
- If you see soot or discoloration on your boiler or nearby you should immediately arrange an inspection.
- Water on or around the boiler or radiators could signal a leak in the heating system.
- If your heating bill is consistently higher than expected for a home the size of yours, your boiler may not be performing up to par. A new, more efficient boiler can lower heating costs by as much as a third.
- If it takes a long time for your water to heat up, your system may need new controls. Modern, intelligent heating controls can ensure more efficient heating and hot water usage and subsequently lower costs.
When to consider replacing your boiler
There are times when it makes more sense to replace your boiler than to repair it. When should you consider replacing your boiler?
- If your boiler is more than fifteen years old, you’ll nearly always do better to replace it. Your savings in heating costs will quickly make up the higher initial cost.
- If it will cost as much to repair your boiler as it will to replace it, you might as well go new.
- If your heating bills are consistently high, it makes sense to replace your old boiler.
We have experience fitting, repairing and replacing many different makes and sizes of boiler and are happy to advise, install and service so please call us to discuss.